Features Of Hibernate
Hello Everyone, In Our First Article We talked about Introduction to Hibernate. It’s time to talk about some Key Features of Hibernate Framework. So, Here We Go:
Key Features Of Hibernate:
1. Integrate elegantly with all popular J2EE application servers, Web containers and in standalone applications: Hibernate is typically used in Java Swing Applications, Java Servlet Based applications, or J2EE applications using EJB session beans.
2. Free/Open Source: Hibernate is licensed under the LGPL (Lesser GNU Public License) critical component of the JBoss Enterprise Middleware Systems (JEMS) suite of products.
3. Natural programming Model: Hibernate supports natural Object-oriented idiom; inheritance, polymorphism, composition, and the Java Collections Framework.
4. Extreme Scalability: Hibernate is extremely scalable. It has a dual-layer cache architecture, and may be used in a cluster.
5. The query Language: Hibernate addresses both sides of the problem; not only how to get objects into the database, but also how to get them out again.
6. EJB 3.0 implements the persistence API and query language defined by EJB 3.0 persistence.
7. Application Architectures: Hibernate is architecture-agnostic because Hibernate provides persistence as a service rather than as a framework. It integrates seamlessly with various application architectures. There are 2 common recommended architectures which incorporates in Hibernate as a persistence layer.
(i) Web (Two-tiered) Architecture
(ii) Enterprises (Three-tiered) Architecutre
We will Discuss these architectures In next Article.
So that’s all for today. Let us know in Comments What Do you think about Hibernate and Its Important Features?
See you in next Article.
Till then.!!! Read Java Notes.!!!!!