Basics of JSP [Start learning JSP from this article]- Lect1-pt-1
Hi readers, from this article I am starting a lecture series about JSP. This is our first article, that is needed to start learning JSP. From now on Daily one article will be posted as like a class room notes. Hope You have enjoyed our previous articles Introduction to JSP and JSP Interview Questions set-1 to Set 5 and many more here. So Let’s start about JSP in depth. Here we go..
- The Basic Aim of JSP is to develop web applications.
- We know that every web application must reside in either web server or application server.
- Based on the place, where the web application programs runs but not the place where they resides, The web application programs are divided into 2 types. They are-
1. Static Web Resource Programs
2. Dynamic Web Resource Programs
- Static web resource programs are also known as client side static web technologies.
- The role of static web resource programs in the web application development is to carry the client data and handover to server side program.
2. Dynamic Web Resource Programs are those which resides in the server and also runs in the context of server.
Ex-: Servlet, JSP etc.
- Dynamic web resource programs are also known as server side dynamic web technologies.
- The role of dynamic web resource program is to collect the data from HTML program, process the data and gives response back to client.
- Conclusion: In the web application static web resource programs always provides fixed/static response, whereas dynamic web resource program s always gives dynamic response.
Q] Define web application and website?
Ans] If an application is in development mode or in production mode, then that application is known as Web Application.
If the web application launched in the internet server by buying the web space in internet server, then it is called a website
If the web application is in live running mode, which can be accessed by anybody over the internet by an particular address, then it is known as website.